Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Week 10 Review- Worst week of my career

A few of you have asked why I did not post my lineup until after lock when I posted it at 1:04 EST. Here's the scoop, the goal was not to hide my lineup or gain a competitive advantage over the people who read this blog. I have posted my lineups before lock since week 3 or 4 when a few of you asked me to do so.

The simple answer is this. I hated the lineup, and did not want any of you to think that I was endorsing this lineup. There was a pit in my stomach regarding having you all play this lineup and I could not justify posting it. I played about half of what I normally do, because it was just one of those weeks that everyone has where you get stuck with players you don't love.

I had $620 in play this week, and lost $580 which is the worst week of my career.

I have always tried to be open and honest with you guys and I will be posting my lineup Saturday night/Sunday morning as I have done for most of the season.

This blog has gotten over 50,000 views since we started it which is pretty cool for just a guy posting about his DFS ups and downs.

10 comments:

  1. This was my worst of the season as well. I had 6 FD lineups and 2 in Yahoo.... And I lost with them all. It was the first time losing at Yahoo all year....on to week 12!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Worst week for me as well (lost $722). Still up on the year (won $1,600 last week). Started the year with $1004 and now sitting at $2,833. Was at $3,555 last week...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Devin, sucks to hear about your worst week, but if you think about it, that says A LOT about your DFS history/career. Being straight forward with us in regards to how you felt about your lineup and not posting until after lock says everything I'll ever need to know about your character and who you are as a person. You're not only the real deal, but class act. This is my first year doing DFS, and with all of the info. available out there, I always come back here...and ride your coat tails, win or lose. So the way I see it, even though I was frustrated when I didn't see your lineup, that's too bad for me! You're the man, period. And at the end of the day, we all should all be giving you a percentage of our bankroll. I can go on forever about DFS, but I really just wanted to say thanks and tell you that you're the man!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Devin thanks for your honesty and integrity. Look forward to your insights in the coming weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I find it interesting that your instinct said "this lineup is bad" and yet you still played it. Are there specific rules you are following 100% when choosing a lineup? You could not find a path to improve the lineup? If only you would have gone with Marriota or Rodgers as you had pondered.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had a lot of Mariota on DraftKings, but couldn't justify the salary on Mariota on FanDuel. I built about 30 lineups, and none that I felt great about. Typically as I go through my lineup building process, there are things that just click and after building 10-15 lineups I say, this is the right one to use in cash. I never got to that point this week, and as I was staring at a lot of my lineups, I could not realistically say this is the cash game lineup that I am going to use. If I didn't do podcasts, write on this blog, write articles for Footballguys, I likely would have taken the week off.

      Delete
  6. Keep it up Devin, I love your honesty. I had my worst week on DK this week also. Like you, I couldn't find a LU that I liked. But still went with them anyway. Just the opposite on FD, the LU's there just came together a lot better.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really appreciate this. In a world that is so content driven now, not posting something because you are worried about others following your advice and losing money shows a lot of character.

    ReplyDelete