Monday, November 21, 2016

What Could Have Been- Week 11 Recap

I'll be honest, I wrote off losing a large majority of my cash lineups within the first five minutes of the NFL slate yesterday due to the A.J. Green injury. My reaction was about the same as this cheerleader who was more focused on the injury than doing her job. Immediately, I started scrambling to find out how many people owned A.J. Green in my head to heads. The good news is that he was 30% owned. Even better news was that the rest of my lineup was terrific.

Ultimately it is difficult to say what could have been if A.J. Green had not gotten hurt as it is not as simple as adding 15-20 points in GPP's and seeing where you would have finished. At the end of the day, I managed to be slightly positive making $55 on $1,400 in play. If he would have gotten 10 points, I would have been +600 but that's how life goes sometimes.




3 comments:

  1. Luckily I had Evans over Green...I thought of your lineup as soon as I saw the injury on RZ.....awesome that you still cashed out on some...sounds like a win to me!!

    Will you, or FootballGuys, have any special analysis of the Thur only slate? This is always fun every year and is very interesting with Luck probably out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'll have a breakdown on here, I'm sure Dodds will have a breakdown on his blog. I think we will have some other articles that are up prior to that as well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Why don't you play more Thursday contests? I have noticed a distinct advantage on Thursday contests this year. Seems like the best players tend not to play much on Thursday slates and as a result I have won much more money playing Thursday slates compared to main Sunday only slate. I am looking forward to your Thursday analysis...

      Delete