Sunday, September 16, 2018

Evaluating Cash Games Moving Forward

One of the things that I've done over the past few seasons is that I've been relatively consistent with my cash game entries. I would fluctuate a little bit, but not significantly.

The first two weeks, there seems to be significant chalk with players such as James Conner, Antonio Brown, Alvin Kamara, Tevin Coleman, etc. If this continues throughout the season, I need to evaluate what to do here, as the reality is it turns into a 3x3 in a lot of head to head games which makes it very difficult to win consistently due to margin of error being so small. I either need to decide to fade those players, scale back my play, or go with a more GPP focused approach in those weeks. 

If you've been following this blog for a while, you know that I do not play 50/50's especially multi-entry 50/50's.

I've had worse stretches than just two weeks, so not time to panic yet. This week wasn't a complete wipeout like the first week was, as I won 35% of my H2H games.



3 comments:

  1. This week was particularely difficult for me! Seemed that every move I made was wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We ended up in a 3v3 and unfortunately I picked the wrong 3 and lost all 50/50s and wiped out my winnings in week 1.

    Last year was my worst year in the last 6. If this trend continues, I think I'll end up just scrapping them altogether and just playing a couple of GPPs. DFS might have passed me by.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am in the same boat.....and I am probably stopping and just watching my DRAFT Best Ball leagues for now....if I am going to try DFF again it'll be after after week 9

    ReplyDelete