Sunday, September 30, 2018

Updated Lineup: Sunday Morning Thoughts.

Have gone back and forth quite a bit, and I think I've settled on something I like a little bit more than the original build. As of 7:23 AM EST.

As a lot of you that have been following the blog know, I'm typically a spend down at defense guy. However, this week, I can't get past targeting a defense against by far the worst quarterback in the NFL in C.J. Beathard. Conversely, I swapped off of Philip Rivers, due to the fear he may not have to throw enough. I still think he has 4 touchdown upside and is a fine cash game play, but just think Watson's floor is a bit higher.

The one thing here that worries me is having two Bengals, but I think that this game has the potential to be a shootout.


11 comments:

  1. Thoughts on getting away from two Bengals? Thinking Ridley instead of Gio, pairing him with Ryan to get that shootout exposure & still getting LAC in. Thoughts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't do it in cash, Ridley could have a game where he has 3/45 if the defense focuses on him. Ridley might have more upside, but Gio adds a nice floor.

      Delete
  2. Looks great. I'd like to add an option..Callaway LAC out, Shepard BUF in. Granted BUF has a bad matchup but defenses are a crapshoot anyway (IE Vikings last week). And I think Shepard is a solid uprade over Callaway

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm always a fan of going cheap at defenses so I don't hate this one.

      Delete
  3. Whats crazy is in the cash lines for 3x, 4x, Millionaire and numerous low $ GPPs were lower than the $5 big double up at 175!! If only I played all 4x instead of my "safe" allotment of x2s

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. And I feel stupid for not even thinking about the GB defense

      Delete
    2. I'd suggest not playing the large double ups that allow multiple entries (especially if its the max of 150 entries). Since all the pros max enter these contests you would think you are playing against 40,000 players, but in reality half the field's lineups may be comprised of 100-200 experts who max enter the contest w/ 150 entries. That's probably what happened this week since the expert RB's went off

      Delete
    3. Agree with Steve here, the large double ups are the hardest contests to win at on a given week.

      I ended up doing ok even with a lineup that likely wouldn't have cashed in those due to spreading h2h's around and one guy taking a large number of h2h games.

      Delete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Crazy high cash line this week again. nfl dfs is getting harder and harder. I put up 180 and barely cashed. insane

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it... It tells me the pricing of the players is still too loose. Everyone is picking the same players.

      Delete