Sunday, November 12, 2017

No way to sugar coat it, that lineup was awful

Simply put, that was one of the worst lineups I've built in a long time. Overall, I scored 80.82, and lost about 88% of my contests, and about 70% of my total investment.

Have spent most of the day trying to look in hindsight what I could have missed. I'm sure most of you don't care about this post, and are only tracking to see the +- on a week to week basis, but on days like today I figured I would share with you the process of what I do instead of just moving on I like to try to learn to see what mistakes I may have made.

Eli Manning 16.92 points, a completely fine play at $6.7k

Leonard Fournette 5.6 points, this is the one one that I completely missed on. He did not have a carry in the second half even though the game was still relatively close.

LeSean McCoy 7.5 points, this one was entirely game script dependent. McCoy had 49 yards in the first quarter, and had 11 total yards in the second. Almost impossible to predict that New Orleans would win this game by 37 and McCoy would only have 8 carries.

Antonio Brown, I could make a very strong case that this was Antonio Brown's worst game of his career. Not really sure what to do with this one, as yes he was awful and had a key drop that likely changes his entire day. I guess with Juju Smith-Schuster emerging, Antonio Brown should not be considered a guaranteed 15 points every week?

Marvin Jones 2.1 points, Looking back, this was the mistake that I made. I tried to convince myself that because the Browns play zone as much as they do that the McCourty matchup did not matter. This was a mistake to learn from.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting. DFS can be so humbling, but you do a great job breaking everything down and explaining your rationale for your lineups. Can't win them all, but you do seem to win most.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know its a bad week for everyone when the 50-50 line is only around 96! At least we can all look forward to Kelce getting the Giants next week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed......early on looking st the Smith/Kelce stack even though I usually avoid Stacks on cash

      Delete
  3. It happens you can't be spot on every time as much as we try to be. Thanks for posting your thoughts

    ReplyDelete
  4. tough one indeed. Thanks for posting and what you do

    ReplyDelete
  5. Are you under $10k? If I won last week I would have been even. I went a little higher than normal because I liked my lineup a lot and I wanted to get back to even. I'm gonna dial it back a little as I love playing the Thanksgiving slate for fun so essentially 3 weeks in 2. I hope you guys can post some material early next week for that slate even though I know many of you don't like it and stay away.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I'm at $10,900 as I lost about 1,500 last week. Also love the Thanksgiving slate as well.

      Delete
    2. GPP or Cash on Turkey day or 2-game slates?

      Delete
    3. Both for me, I'll only play the three game slate. Have had some of my best days on Thanksgiving as you have people who do not play all that regularly.

      Delete
  6. You going to play any T-M slates w/ Coleman?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Probably not, the reason being is that he is going to be insanely popular and just don't love to play the Thur-Mon slates as a lot of the lineups end up looking the same and I don't really want to fade him even though that is probably the right move due to his ownership.

      Delete