Saturday, November 25, 2017

The Case Against Russell Wilson

I will be giving a full post on the slate breakdown, but here is some background on why you'll see me fading Russell Wilson this week.

Let me start by saying that Russell Wilson will be the clear chalk play in cash. I can't fault anyone with wanting to play him. However, Wilson's track record against San Francisco scares me. The reason for this is that Darren Bevell seemingly won't unleash Wilson unless he has to. In his last three games against San Francisco, Wilson has thrown for just three touchdowns and run for a total of 41 yards including two games where he ran for under 5 yards.

Below is a breakdown of Russell Wilson's last two seasons comparing fantasy points and opponents points scored. The big takeaway here is that in games in which opponents have scored 20 points or less, Russell Wilson is averaging 17.2 fantasy points. At $8.6k, this has me extremely nervous as the Seahawks are a team that rarely blows opponents out and will just grind out the run.



No comments:

Post a Comment