Sunday, November 4, 2018

Not great

Lost the big H2H's because of Kamara, which is tough. Ended up doing ok in a lot of my other contests, but putting up 140 and losing is a tough one to swallow. Ended up down $700 in total. Disappointing.

What went right:

Running Backs- Going with Hunt, McCaffrey, and Chubb worked well.

Fitzpatrick over Cam Newton worked out tremendously

Fading Denver- I had builds with Sanders and Sutton and went up against a few people who did that. It worked out not going with those players as even though there was no Demaryius Thomas, Sanders and Sutton weren't great this week.

What went wrong:

Adam Thielen- The day likely would have looked very different if I used DeAndre Hopkins or Michael Thomas who were both at the same price. I chose Thielen even though he had the worst matchup thinking he was matchup proof with the highest floor.

What is frustrating about this, is that he was not listed on the injury report. The beat reporter said he was dealing with a calf injury. I would have never played him if this was released before the game like it is supposed to be.

Two Lions receivers- The offensive line gave the Lions no chance in this game as Stafford was consistently getting hit before routes could even develop. I loved Cooper Kupp

Not finding a way for Kelce- On Thursday I set a reminder to go off on Sunday at 11 that simply said "START KELCE YOU DUMMY".  Did I listen to myself? Did I listen to what I wrote on Saturday during the preview? Of course not.

1 comment:

  1. "Ended up doing ok in a lot of my other contests, but putting up 140 and losing is a tough one to swallow."
    Yes, I can relate. I played two lineups, hit 144.98 on one and 143.58 on the other, and lost on all my 50/50 and H2H. Discouraging...

    ReplyDelete