Saturday, October 1, 2016

Week 4 Notes and Thoughts- Cash Lineup and GPP Plays

I am going to start posting my cash game lineup before lock, this will likely be posted on Saturday Night or Sunday Morning before lock so be sure to check that out as part of your lineup setting process.

Cash Game Strategy

Quarterback-
Cam Newton or Kirk Cousins-

These are really the only two that I am considering this week for cash games. Expect Cam to have a big game after really struggling last week against Minnesota. He goes up against an Atlanta Falcons defense that is averaging allowing 30 points per game. The Panthers are projected to score 28 points in this game.

Cousins is a guy who is a little bit risky but allows you to save some money this week. In games that the Redskins won by at least a touchdown or more last year, Cousins had 16 touchdown passes in 5 games. Cousins has averaged 330 yards per game passing this season, and the question is only whether or not he is going to score the touchdowns needed to pay off his salary as he only has 3 passing touchdowns so far this season. He is a great GPP play this week and if you need the savings he is a good cash play.


Running Back
Melvin Gordon-
Most of us watched Monday Night Football this week and saw just how bad this New Orleans rush defense is. Melvin Gordon has been significantly better compared to last year. Melvin Gordon has scored a touchdown in each game this season and I expect him to do this again this week. 

Other top plays-
Le'Veon Bell- When Le'Veon Bell returned last year from his suspension, he they fed him the ball early and often. Look for Bell to return this week and have 
Ezekiel Elliott- We all saw what Christine Michael was able to do last week against this San Francisco defense. Now Elliott who had 32 touches last week takes on this team. There is a little bit of concern with Dez likely missing this game that they'll load the box to stop Elliott similar to what they did to Gurley in week one.
Jordan Howard- as a punt play only, I like him better on PPR sites.

Wide Receiver

Terrelle Pryor- A wide receiver who saw 14 snaps at quarterback and 14 passing targets last week. Also, news that he won't be shadowed by Josh Norman is a big bump for Pryor in this game. Cash game-play is all about consistency, and for him to get those snaps as a quarterback will get him guaranteed points that other wide receivers won't get.


Other Considerations
Antonio Brown- If you can fit him in, play him very week
Cole Beasley- With Dez Bryant out, Cole Beasley becomes the guy that you want here in Dallas, he has been great so far this season and has found an instant connection with Dak Prescott. He has yet to find the end zone but I expect he has a good chance this week.
Quincy Enuwa- The matchup is tough going up against Seattle, but the Jets are going to have to throw the ball in this game, and with Eric Decker out, Enuwa should see enough targets to pay off his salary that has yet to increase. So far this season he has 25 targets in three games, and that should increase this week with Decker out.
Any WR in the SD/NO game- This is projected to be the highest scoring game of the week and possibly of the year based on Vegas totals. Having a share of a wide receiver whether it be Cooks, Benjamin, Tyrell Williams is definitely in play.

GPP core this week- Only going with 3 in the core, as there are a lot of players that I like this week at various positions.
Kirk Cousins
Deandre Hopkins
Josh Lambo

8 comments:

  1. Devin, I have the hardest time getting RBs correct in GPPs. I think I may be using too many different RBs instead of limiting to a set amount. I see you have a core of 3 players tomarrow, no RB in that core. How many different RBs do you typically use?

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really depends week to week this week is strange where there aren't a ton of options.

    I will typically have a rb in my gpp core but this week there isn't one I have to have I'm all my gpp lineups. Gordon/Bell are going to be highly owned I still want some shares but for my core I have those players in all my lineups.

    Guys I like as GPP plays
    Elliott
    CJ Anderson
    Jordan Howard
    Demarco Murray
    And then will have shares of the high owned players Bell and Gordon

    ReplyDelete
  3. What I look at for GPP is volume I don't typically take chances at the rb position I typically just take guys who will see volume and are in decent matchups

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks. That makes a lot of sense. I think I have tried to catch lightning in a bottle by picking some big reaches at RB. Since I've had very limited success with RBs, I will try a more conservative approach at that position.

    ReplyDelete
  5. My theory is running backs are the most predicable position i differentiate myself at qb defense TE WR and kicker

    ReplyDelete
  6. I defineatly tried to reinvent the wheel by how I picked RBs. That's interesting what you said. I will try the more obvious RBs this week. It's funny, I took the most predictable position and had the hardest trouble with it. Thanks, i appreciate your opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Honestly it depends on the week you either fade chalk at every position or just at certain positions. I elect to differentiate myself at other positions than rb this gives me more options at wr and te

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for deciding to post these earlier. Your knowledge has been a great help this year.

    ReplyDelete