Friday, September 8, 2017

Detailed Breakdown- Quarterbacks

Quarterback-

There are a number of ways to go with the quarterback position this week, and to be honest I don't love any of them.

Aaron Rodgers- FADE-Rodgers is in a tough matchup going up against Seattle, and while Vegas does not seem worried about the matchup as the Packers are one of the highest projected scoring teams this week I can't start Rodgers. In his last three games against the Seahawks he has never thrown for over 250 yards against Pete Carroll in the regular season. At $8,300 he's a full fade for me this week.

Russell Wilson- GPP- Everything lines up for Wilson to have a good game this week as the Packers secondary has been atrocious over the last few seasons. Yes, they drafted Kevin King in the second round, but I'm not buying that he will improve this secondary in his first season. The problem with Wilson is that he has struggled mightily against the Packers, as he threw for just 240 yards 1 touchdown and 5 interceptions last year and 240 yards was his career high in the regular season against the Packers. Could he turn it around this week? Sure, but I'm not putting him in my cash game lineup.

Marcus Mariota- GPP Viable- I haven't finished my cash lineup yet, but Marcus Mariota will be one of the more popular quarterbacks this week. The issue I have with Mariota is that he has these games where he just does not show up. He threw for under 250 yards 8 times last year and he did not run as much as people think only running for 349 yards and 2 touchdowns. This has me concerned in cash games as in cash games I would not start him based on this bust rate being so high. He looked horrible in his last preseason game consistently overthrowing wide receivers as he was 12-21.

Carson Wentz- Cash Game Viable- I am putting myself out on a limb here recommending to play Carson Wentz in cash games. There are a few different reasons for this, the first is that he is cheap, you'll see in subsequent posts, I want to spend up at other positions primarily for Julio Jones, David Johnson and Le'Veon Bell in cash. Going Wentz allows me to do this. The second reason I like Wentz is that he is a volume quarterback, in cash games I want my guy throwing early and often and Wentz threw the ball 607 times last season. I expect this number to stay the same if not go up while him being more efficient while throwing heading into his second season. The third is the matchup. The Redskins even with Josh Norman last year were 25th in terms of pass defense. This is a matchup that Wentz should be able to be productive and not kill you which 270 yards and two touchdowns is all we are looking at with this price.

No comments:

Post a Comment