Saturday, September 9, 2017

Week 1 Cash Game Lineup and Thoughts

Below is my week one cash lineup.

This week of my $10,000 bankroll, I will be entering $700 worth of cash games and $150 worth of GPP's. Some notes about this lineup are below. This is a little bit higher than I otherwise would go, but I feel that there are some good GPP plays (see next post for my GPP core. 


Running Back- This is a no brainer in cash, go Bell, Johnson with how soft the pricing is.

Wide Receiver- There's a lot of love for Larry Fitzgerald and for good reason as he will be matched up against a combination of D.J. Hayden and Quandre Diggs in the slot. Neither are great corners. Fitzgerald is not a guy that I typically target, but sometimes you just have to go with a guy in a great matchup who is going to be popular.

Kendall Wright is the wildcard in this lineup. Wright should be the number one guy in Chicago this week. The matchup is not great going up against Brian Poole, but he's simply too cheap for the amount of targets that he will receive.

Julio Jones/Antonio Brown- I will admit, I have not decided if I am going Jones or Brown this week, but I will be starting one of them. I am leaning Jones at the moment, and going with this stars/scrubs approach I feel is the best way to build a cash lineup this week as even though I will not get one of the expensive tight ends doing it this way, I feel that Jones could have a monster week one going up against a Bears secondary. Jones should see a lot of Marcus Cooper on the left side of the field which is a tremendous matchup and one of the best he will see all year.

The one thing that scares me here for both of these players is if their team gets up early will they just run the ball heavily.

Charles Clay/Zach Miller- I am leaning towards Clay over Miller at the moment, but will post back here if this changes.

I don't think anyone feels good about Charles Clay when they put him in their lineup, but ask yourself if Tyrod Taylor is going to throw the ball 30 times this week, how are those targets going to be distributed? Who does he have to throw to? Charles Clay had 57 catches last season and should see

Jaguars Defense- I love what the Jaguars did in the offseason with their defense, and will be starting them almost in every lineup GPP or cash this week. At $4,100 they're simply too cheap and have one of the best cornerback combinations in A.J. Bouye and Jalen Ramsey in the NFL.

6 comments:

  1. i do like this lineup but i wonder if we're giving up too much to get julio in there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's definitely a risk, I may change my mind tonight/tomorrow. Love Julio in this matchup and may throw this in a GPP instead. Honestly not sure yet, but this is where I'm currently at.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wasnt on Wentz until I saw this. I love that idea. Although I cant fit Julio in there. As the guy above said Im giving up too much. Marshall Fitz Wright gets you major upgrades at TE K D. Thats my lean.....Great blog Devin. Look this discussion. Thankyou for starting it

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely understand not going with Julio. It's a huge risk and if he has a bad day I'll be regretting it, but he is the type of player who could differentiate me in cash games.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was on Bell/DJ all week, but yesterday I talked myself into Gurley over DJ to balance out my roster a bit

    ReplyDelete