Friday, December 29, 2017

Week 17 Strategy and Bankroll Management

This is it. First of all, I want to give you a big thank you for following along this week. Let's end the season on a high note. While we will still be having this blog for the playoffs, it isn't the same as having a full slate of an NFL normal week.

Bankroll Management Advice

This week is different than any other week on the year. I am advising you to NOT do head to heads and instead do 50/50's which is completely different than what I have been trying to tell you guys to do all season. Why? The reason for this relatively simple. In a 50/50, there will be people who will start lineups that are essentially dead. Someone will make a mistake and take players from teams that are not playing or will not play the full game. In a head-to-head this could happen, and I don't have a ton of data to support this, but it seems there is always a few who do this in 50/50's.

I'm still entering the same amount as I normally do as I feel that in 50/50's there is a decent size edge this upcoming week. I will have around 18% of my bankroll in contests which I will post a subsequent post with my cash lineup strategy.

Strategy-

There are four groups of team's that I try to identify this week.

Target Starters
Team's with everything to play for- These are team's that have their playoffs on the line

Teams that have been out of contention for a while- These teams are in evaluation mode and will continue to target their starters.

Avoid Starters-
Teams that have nothing to play for- With the exception of New England, I am avoiding teams that have absolutely nothing to play for as there is no history of these players playing.

Teams that have recently been eliminated- These teams often don't show up after being recently eliminated as they put so much into every week and become de-motivated week 17.

3 comments:

  1. Who do you like at QB this week?
    I'm having trouble finding an option that I feel really confident in... Cam and Wilson are my top two, but being in ATL for Cam and facing the surging ARI D for Wilson (although I think it may be a mirage) are deterrents.

    Stafford and Winston are in decent spots, but I'm unsure where the motivation will be (although Tampa packed it in a while ago, so Winston may be fine).

    Brady gets the hapless Jets, but the game script could easily lead to him not needing to do much.

    Lastly, I REALLY like Captain Kirk this week... am I crazy?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Been going back and forth on this all night which is the reason I haven't posted a lineup. Wilson is likely my cash game option, I need to look a little bit more at Brady I love him on the surface. I also like Kirk this week.

      At the moment, I have it Wilson, Brady, Cam, Stafford, Kirk Winston

      Delete
    2. Appreciate the feedback! I also don't mind Matt Ryan this week at the price, along with a good match-up and the must win.

      Delete