Sunday, December 10, 2017

We're Back: Week 14 Recap

Much needed after the last few weeks, and if Keenan Allen could have rolled over into the end zone this would have been an even better day.

Overall I put up 130.72, and it's looking like I'm going to win about 81% of my h2h games this week which means it will be a 44% return on investment this week or a net profit

Starting Bankroll: $10,922
Total invested: $1,900
Total Return: $2,772
Total Profit: $872

New Bankroll: $11,794

Couple of things:

I was surprised how low owned Trey Burton was. I would guess since it was a 4PM game a lot of people were scared off of him.

I should not have trusted Mike Evans against Darius Slay. I knew it was a risk going into the week and it really was one that I should not have taken. Something doesn't look right with Evans as the past two weeks he just not has been that involved in the offense.

Greg Zuerlein was a tough break that he kicked five extra points and no field goals.



9 comments:

  1. Nicely done.

    Went from 300+ to -40 during the 4th quarter of the 3PM games. A roll-over by K Allen (100%) or 1 of Kelce's 2 TD's (100%) would have been nice and made the day profitable.
    Bad: Savage , AJ Green, Fitzgerald, Kelce, Packers
    Good: Kizer, J.Williams, Bernard, Hopkins, Coons
    2 line-ups: 119.36 (4/58) and 128.12 (51/55) - 50/50's and Multipliers.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Devin, thought you might be interested in this stat: https://twitter.com/JeffRatcliffe/status/940295006660841472

    "Evans only saw Slay on 8-of-39 routes. Covered more by Teez Tabor (12 routes) and Nevin Lawson (10 routes)"

    Agree that something is off with Evans, but wanted to be sure you didn't overemphasize Slay has the reason.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why did you think Burton was going to be a good pick? A lot of the projections I had only had him at 6 or 7 points. I considered picking him but it didn't seem like he was going to have Ertz like numbers. In any case, nice work!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Fortunately, I do both the Eagles and Rams team recaps for Footballguys, so very familiar with both teams albeit a fan of neither. I felt Burton's athleticism could cause the Rams issues. I looked at Burton's athleticism and then looked at what athletic tight ends have done against the Rams and it popped as Jimmy Graham and Evan Engram both had good days against the Rams. I'm not going to say that I expected this, as anyone who expected two touchdowns is a liar, but I had him in my projections at 4/48 with a 50% chance of getting a touchdown which is 9.8 points and did not like my team builds with other tight ends such as Kelce.

      Delete
    2. Makes sense. Thanks! I guess for me its hard to understand how replacement TEs will perform since TE is a relatively volatile position. For all I knew he could have been a predominately blocking TE but I guess that is why you are the expert.

      Delete
  4. Hey Devin, could you make a post about the new Superflex style that Fanduel is offering and if you plan to play it at all?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure, will be traveling throughout the night so will likely be tomorrow at some point.

      Delete
    2. There is a $2000 TE for CAR that is a for sure 0 but is a cheap free square that allows you to fit in all top price plays elsewhere.

      Delete