Sunday, October 8, 2017

Small Change- Contest selection, Small GPP Strategy Piece

Marcus Mariota and Derek Carr are likely going to miss the games this week.

With that, I am switching to Baltimore's defense and downgrading Mason Crosby to Jake Elliott.

This week, I am dialing it back just a little bit compared to last week, as I think a lot of people are going to be on the same 5 RB/WR that I have so, therefore, it becomes a game, so it makes the games a contest against kickers/defenses/tight ends.

Current Bankroll: $12,580
Cash Game in Play: 1,700 (13.5%)
Total GPP in Play: $150



GPP Strategy-

For those of you who are looking from GPP advice from me this week, I have always approached this blog with an honest opinion on what I am doing. I am playing Bell/Gurley even though they will be extremely popular, I realize that for those of you who make a large number of lineups, it probably makes sense to have some sort of fade on them, but there are certain weeks where I just have to have certain guys in all of my lineups and for this week I am going with them.

John Lee and I had a very valuable discussion on GPP strategy on this week's Power Grid. He and I are very different players where I am primarily a cash game who plays a smaller number of GPP lineups, where he will play a larger number of lineups.  https://youtu.be/E6QgFgZaQVk?t=1918






13 comments:

  1. Would you be opposed to playing Cincinnati's defense over Baltimore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I moved off Cincinnati when I heard two of their secondary might not play. "Pac-Man" Jones was one, but I can't recall the other right now.

      Delete
  2. Man im from Baltimore and as solid as we have been we still let the big ones through. Thanks for the info.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. E.J. Manuel is terrible though

      Delete
    2. Matt Cassel is terrible as well and Dolphins at home. No love for MIA?

      Delete
    3. Cassel won't have to do anything, the Titans will keep the ball on the ground and run the ball frequently.

      Delete
    4. Which severely limits the turnover upside.

      Delete
  3. I like the idea of fitting DHop in there and fading Parker due to weather concerns. But if the weather holds I'll be rolling with PArker/Ertz combo over DHop/Clay. But its awfully close

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was just listening to the football guys Sunday morning hang out and it's speculated that Gabe Jackson may miss or play injured.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Any nervousness around weather in PHI?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What about the rain in the CIN/BUF gamenaffecting clay?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Philly weather should be ok. the only real rain I saw was Cincy game

    ReplyDelete
  8. I imagine clay would still be in the mix

    ReplyDelete