Sunday, October 28, 2018

Not a great week- Hindsight is not always 20/20

Things would have been a lot better if Gurley scored that last touchdown

In hindsight however, I'm not sure what I would have done differently.

What went right:

I was starting my lineup with Conner+Gurley no matter what. Gurley wasn't bad and would have been great if he scored at the end of the game.

Eli Manning. Manning had 320 yards and really should have had about 380 yards and a touchdown but Sterling Shepard and Evan Engram dropped about 4 passes on third down. This allowed me to spend up at other positions.

Phillip Lindsay- 18.7 points from a 6,500 player I'll take every time.

Arizona D- 8 points at $3,400 for a defense is a success

What went wrong

David Njoku-
This is the one that crushed me. I still am not sure what happened here, did he get hurt, did he get benched, it'll be interesting to see the snap counts tomorrow, as I didn't see him on the field at all this week. I could have went with Jared Cook, but based on recent results, I had Njoku as a more consistent player. I don't think my process was going to get me there this week.

Jordy Nelson-
This was a mistake plain and simple. I thought about Marquise Goodwin, but the reality is I shouldn't have spent up

Robert Woods-
I debated Tyreek Hill and Woods and the reality is that neither were the right call. I should have spent down to Tyler Boyd and upgraded a different position.

Summary

Not 100% sure what the learning here is. David Njoku is a mystery that I still can't wrap my head around.

I think the learning is that I knew what Amari Cooper's role in this offense was, and it was extremely inconsistent. Expecting Jordy to come in and take over that role and be consistent was a huge mistake. He hadn't been consistent all year and now was going to draw more focus in coverage this week.

Still profitable after 8 weeks even with this week being largely a wash out.

No comments:

Post a Comment