Saturday, September 17, 2016

Week 2 Preview Cash Game and GPP Strategy

I will be honest. I can't get a read on this week. There are players that I like, such as Eli Manning, Deangelo Williams, C.J. Anderson, Antonio Brown, A.J. Green, Gary Barnidge. The issue is I can't fit all of those players in my lineup. 

In a typical week 2, I will have about 10% of my bankroll in play, however, this week I am just not that confident in my roster so I am likely going to end up with 7% in play. Below is my current contest entered and my cash game strategy for this week.

Total Bankroll- $10,410
Total contests entered- $700 (6.7%)
Cash Lineup $600
GPP- $100

Cash game strategy-
Start Eli Manning- Quarterback who will be in the highest projected game, and the highest owned guy. It is tempting to fall into the Trevor Siemian or Josh McCown trap, but in a cash game there is no reason to do this. I would rather pay down for a WR3 than trust one of these two players. 

Running Back- 
Pay up for one, go cheap for the other. The two running backs I am looking to pay up for this week are C.J. Anderson and Deangelo Williams. 

Cheap running backs are Danny Woodhead, T.J. Yeldon, Rashad Jennings and Jeremy Langford. My favorite at the moment is Jeremy Langford, although this may change between now and lock. The Eagles allowed 5.6 yards per carry last week to the Browns who do not have a great running attack, so I expect a lot of Langford on Monday night.

Wide Receiver-
I will be starting Antonio Brown every single week until he proves me that I shouldn't start him. 

Travis Benjamin is another guy that I really like this week, as he takes on the lead role at wide receiver in San Diego with the injury to Keenan Allen. At $6,100 he provides a nice salary relief to your lineup. Tyrell Williams is interesting and will likely be popular as people expect him to take on a role in this offense, I just can't trust him in cash games this week.

Tight End-
Cheap, likely going with Virgil Green or Jesse James.

Kicker-
I prefer Matt Bryant as my top option, but if you can't afford him spend down to Sebastian Janikowski.

Defense- 
Find a way to pay up for Seattle.

GPP Strategy-
Fade Giants/Saints game- This game will be too highly owned this week as people will be expecting a shootout. While it very well could turn into a shootout, I
.
This week's core
Antonio Brown
Gary Barnidge
Matt Bryant
Seattle Defense

Stacks that I will be building around this core are below.

Stacks
Carolina- Cam and Kelvin Benjamin
Arizona- Carson Palmer and Larry Fitzgerald
Patriots- Jimmy Garoppolo and Chris Hogan
Jacksonville- Blake Bortles and Allen Robinson

No comments:

Post a Comment