Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Week 2 Recap- All About the Benjamins

Week 2 did not go as well as week 1, but thanks to a few guys with the last name Benjamin the bankroll is increasing again for week 2. A few of you guys have asked me to give you my cash game lineups prior to lock, and unfortunately, it isn't something that I am going to be doing to prevent my opponents from getting an advantage. What I am going to be doing is to be more transparent and write up more than just the quarterback position each week, this will help you guys create your lineups more efficiently.

Cash Games
Total Entered- $600
Total Return- $702 (65% of h2h games won)

GPP's
Total Entered- $100
Total Return $10
Total Bankroll Impact $-90

Starting Bankroll- $10,410
Week 2 Net profit/loss- $12
New Bankroll- $10,422

What went right-

Kelvin and Travis Benjamin in cash games- 
This really saved me this week as both Benjamin's had monster games, and should see a big role on their team going forward. Kelvin Benjamin is showing that he is as good as his 2014 form and has fully recovered from his ACL injury that kept him out of the 2015 season. Travis Benjamin is benefitting from

C.J. Anderson

C.J. Anderson is looking like he will be a consistent fantasy back this season after an inconsistent 2015 season that had many people down on him. The running back had 20 carries again this week and was able to find the end zone. He is a dynamic running back and receiver, and should be considered in your analysis almost every week.

Luck was on my side
In a significant amount of my H2H contests, my opponents also had Antonio Brown and Eli Manning. This cancellation, really helped, as in those contests it didn't really matter what those two players did they were going to cancel with the opponents roster.

What went wrong-

Eli Manning
This game never really materialized into the high scoring shootout that we had all hoped for. This is the second week in a row, where the Giants offense just hasn't been able to consistently put together drives. Eli threw for 368 yards, which if you could have told me he would throw for 368 yards, I am thinking that he would have a huge game, but the touchdowns never came and thus he was left with just 12.32 points which is not enough for an $8,100 quarterback.

Antonio Brown
I will be the first to admit that I very rarely use weather as an indicator on whether to start a player, and I factor in wind/snow more than rain. Typically the wide receiver has an advantage over the defensive back in bad weather games as they know where they are going and on a sloppy field like Heinz Field, the defensive backs can slip as they try to make cuts. However, this just didn't work as it seemed Ben Roethlisberger couldn't get the ball out of his hand this week and they were content just running with Deangelo Williams.

Gary Barnidge
Paying up for Gary Barnidge in my core GPP lineup really hurt this week as I had Virgil Green in my cash game lineups and while neither were great, they were about the same so there was no reason to pay the extra salary for Barnidge. The Browns offense sputtered after a great start to the game where they put up 20 points in the first quarter. Once McCown injured his shoulder the Browns were never able to recover. It is largely disappointing for Barnidge, as he just isn't seeing the targets that he saw last year, and we will have to see how that changes with Cody Kessler, but with the increased amount of options at receiver in Cleveland this year it doesn't seem Barnidge is going to be fantasy relevant each week.

3 comments:

  1. What size and dollar amount GPP's did you enter this week for your $100? Just wondering what dollar and size GPP's to focus on...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Douglas-

    This week was really busy for me, so I didn't get as many lineups as I normally do. I only had 5 $10 and 10 $5 lineups.

    Here is something I mentioned in my GPP strategy blog I did last week.
    How many lineups do I build? That really depends on a given week, some weeks it is 10, some it is 25 and there really isn't an exact number that I can tell you how to do it. If I feel strongly in my core, and like a bunch of other players to pair with my core, I will likely build closer to 25, if I don't love my core and don't have a great feeling about the other players I am putting in my lineups I may end up with 10. There isn't a set number that says you have to build this many lineups, build what you are comfortable with.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What is your thoughts on single entry vs multi entry GPP's?

    ReplyDelete