Wednesday, September 14, 2016

Week One Recap

Great start to week one. Net profit of $410 when it was all said and done. The case could be made for me to have gone bigger in my week one bankroll, but the goal here is to grow it over 17 weeks.

Cash games-
Total Entered- $510
Total Return- $855

GPP-
Total Entered- $90
Total Return- $165

Overall-
Total Entered- $600
Total Return-$1,010
Total Profit- $410

New Bankroll- $10,410

What went right-

Dak Prescott-
Dak did not live up to expectations which is what I expected. I owned 0% of Dak in any of the lineups that I had, as he was over-owned and his ceiling wasn't as high as people thought. I went with either Brees or Stafford in every lineup this week and it paid off.

Antonio Brown- 
Cash games are fairly simple, start Antonio Brown every week until he proves otherwise. With Martavis Bryant suspended and Markus Wheaton injured, Antonio Brown is the guy every week. Even when Wheaton returns, Brown provides so much consistency compared to his fellow elite wide receivers such as

Deangelo Williams- 
The Steelers ran their offense through two players in this game, Antonio Brown and Deangelo Williams. This is a situation where starting both the wide receiver and running back in cash games really paid off. I do this quite a bit stacking the running back with either the quarterback or wide receiver, and will be writing a separate post about this. The reason I do this is that if I believe that a game will be high scoring I want to make sure that I get the touchdowns. It is a limited GPP strategy unless the quarterback throws to the running back, but in a cash game setting if you can get a share of 3-4 touchdowns this will pay off in the long run.

What went wrong-

Martellus Bennett-
The swap late in the week from Eric Ebron and Vance McDonald to Martellus Bennett really hurt. Bennett stayed in as a blocker for most of the game as they used his big frame to gain an edge on their upset victory over the Cardinals. Meanwhile, both Ebron and Vance McDonald scored a touchdown.

Charcandrick West-
Being scared off by the Charcandrick West news and not starting Spencer Ware- This one I don't feel so bad about as I was right that it would be a split carry situation, Ware and West both had exactly 34 snaps. I swapped him out in a majority of lineups to Christine Michael as I felt Michael had a better chance to take a majority of the carries.

Have a topic you want me to cover this week? Post it in the comments or reach out to me via Twitter 

4 comments:

  1. Can you go over why you wanted to go with Prescott versus the eagles QB against the Cleveland Secondary. Thanks for the write up. Good info in here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Robert, thanks for the feedback glad you like it.

    I actually advised people against taking Dak in an earlier blog, and by me saying what I got right was saying I was correct that Dak wasn't the must play people thought he was.

    Here is what I posted in the QB evaluation piece was below-
    What should we honestly expect from Dak? I am expecting 16/24 for 195 yards, one touchdown, and a turnover. These are not awful numbers considering the salary, but with all the value that is out there this week on FanDuel you do not need to take the risk with Dak this week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can you discuss what tournament lineups you played and how they fared? I would like to learn how to better construct tournament lineups. It seems like my cash lineups very frequently outscored my tournament lineups over the last few years. Do you ever throw a cash lineup into a tournament just in case it is big? My one cash lineup scored 185.26 this week (all of my other cash lineups scored at least 140) which would have definitely won some money in a tournament format, but I only used it in a cash game. My tournament lineups all performed well under my cash games...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Douglas-

    I will write something up later tonight on this, which should answer some of your questions. Our book Cracking FanDuel has a ton of information on this as well and more than I can track in a blog.
    http://subscribers.footballguys.com/apps/article.php?article=16Cracking_FanDuel

    ReplyDelete