Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Week 3 Recap- Disappointing Week

Took me a day to get over the week one loss. I was 1.2 points away from Drew Brees on Monday night from breaking even. Overall I ended up with my first loss of the season, but we will be talking some great strategies this week as we look to rebound based on this disappointing result.

Cash Games
Total Entered- $1,400
Total Return- $1,062 (42% of H2H games won)

One key thing here is that had I entered all 50/50 games I would not have made the cut and would have lost all of my cash games. This is the exact reason why I play H2H over 50/50's is for weeks such as this one where my lineup was ok, but still in the bottom half of lineups.

GPP's
Total Entered- $150
Total Return $165
Total Bankroll Impact $15

Starting Bankroll- $10,410
Week 3 Net profit/loss- -$323
New Bankroll- $10,087

What worked

Drew Brees
My strategy to start Drew Brees was exactly what I wanted. Playing the Sunday/Monday slate I had predicted that Brees' ownership would be lower than it should be in cash games. He was only owned in about 15% of my head to head contests
Ezekiel Elliott-
I wrote up Elliott as my top running back play, and he put up 160 total yards with two receptions. Dallas had three rushing touchdowns on the day, but unfortunately, Elliott did not score a touchdown. The analysis was solid here, as touchdowns can be volatile from week to week, but a player who had 32 touches for 160 yards is a guy who you want in your cash game lineups
Antonio Brown
Antonio Brown is an absolute stud, start him every week in cash games. He had a poor week two, but he is a guy who you just put in your lineup to start the week.
Michael Thomas in GPP's
I wrote up Michael Thomas in my week 3 preview, as Willie Snead was questionable/doubtful heading into the week. On FanDuel with no late swap, his ownership was much lower than it should have been. This saved my night as I had written off a lot of my GPP lineups due to being so far back. At $5,300 Thomas stepped up with 7 receptions for 71 yards and a touchdown.

What didn't work

Tajae Sharpe
Heading into the work, I told myself that even if Delanie Walker was out, I was not going to start Tajae Sharpe even though the matchup was great. However, on Sunday, I decided to go with put Sharpe in my cash game lineup over Michael Thomas as I didn't have a great feeling on Willie Snead's health. In hindsight, Michael Thomas would have been the right play and then spending the money elsewhere.

Travis Benjamin
I was all in on the Chargers offense with both Melvin Gordon and Christine Michael. With Danny Woodhead and Keenan Allen being out for the year, I felt the offense was going to run just those two players similar to the Steelers with Bell and Antonio Brown. This just didn't materialize, as Benjamin had 82 yards, he needed a touchdown to pay off his salary in cash games at $7,000 as he is not a high-volume receiver.

Ryan Succop
Kickers are so volatile at times. Oakland had given up the most field goals over the last two years and only gave up one in this game.Mariota had some critical turnovers in field goal range which hurt him.

Starting Melvin Gordon over Christine Michael
This was a mistake as I overvalued the 49ers defense and stop Michael similar to what they did in week one to Todd Gurley. Melvin Gordon wasn't bad, as he had 15.8 points, but for the same price Christine Michael put up 24.1. This made it tough as a lot of people had Michael based on the news of Thomas Rawls missing the game.

3 comments:

  1. How do you go on about selecting your H2H games? Looking at the H2H lobby, all I see are experience players and same names repeating.

    ReplyDelete